Tuesday, April 15, 2014

C R E A T E

First of all, I would like to wish all my blogland friends Shuvo Noboborsho(Happy New Year). Because today is Poila Baishakh(or the first day of the year) for us Bengalis.
To celebrate the another year of crafting and creating, I've attempted quillography for the second time, a wall art. My first was this quilled monogram. This time, I enjoyed the process so much! Here it is, without further ado.


This is dedicated to all of US, all of us wonderful ladies who create regularly, stretch their own limits and support each other so dedicatedly. When I first started blogging, I never did realise that there was such a world of like minded individuals ever ready to share feedback and all their lovely creations. So, I think, we deserve a huge round of APPLAUSE, all of US!!!




And now I want to talk about a very talented person of whose blog I have long been a silent follower. She is a Malaysian quilling artiste and her name is Miyyah. Check out her blog miyyah@kertas. She does some exceptionally lovely quillography. I was inspired from her particular style of *negative* quillography. Do check out her blog! Not only are her creations mind blowing, but also her posts are very interesting. I think I've spent hours just reading!


I used the Beehive technique extensively in this project, here's Pritesh's tutorial for the same. Check out more on Beehiving on Susan's quilling site.
So that's all folks(!) and Shuvo Noboborsho to you once again!

17 comments:

  1. Wow..So Colorful..Wonderful Quilling

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's splendid !! You are brilliant at quilling. Yes, I had seen some negative quillography on pinterest and always wanted to try it, but I guess I'm lazy :P I think I must give this a try now. And hey, Shuvo Noboborsho to you too, Somdeepa ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's Fantastic Somdeepa..your quilling is wonderful.. Shuvo Noboborsho to you too .. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Quilling Somdeepa....

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is amazing !!!!!!! Great work :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is outstanding quilling !! FABULOUS ..Shuvo Noboborsho to you too, Somdeepa !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats on your Honorable mention for casology ' WET 'card :) !

      Delete
  7. I LOVE IT! Quilling takes time and I don't think I want to know how long this took. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely Quilling!!! Shuvo Noboborsho to u too :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was not thinking it is Quilling woow you did an amazing job. Love this much...♡

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is superb!! I like ur quilled monogram, what a detailed work of art :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. First of all, happy new year!
    This is brilliant! What a work of art this is. You are a quilling genius!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wishing you a Very Happy New year. this is absolutely amazing, you should be extremely proud of this creation, just beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is too good..love the summer colors..and thanks for d sweetness that u left in my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Shuvo Noboborsho! (a little too late, this one :)) but then, THIS. IS. AWESOME. Gawd. I wish I could muster up the patience to make stuuf like this. Fabulous. Maybe my wishes are like those ones, sent by post in the earlier times, which would end up reaching 15 whole days late :P

    Your friend,
    Ananda :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely-lovely-lovely!

    Mariangela ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Do say what you think about this post! Thanks! :)