Sunday, December 08, 2013

My First Post

As the title suggests, this is the very inception of me as a blogger.

The time is inappropriate in the extreme... I have my class 12 exams right at the doorstep. But I think blogging would relax my exam-racked nerves a bit when I take study breaks.

This blog is mostly going to be about crafting(or so I have planned till now). For obvious reasons, I will not be able to post on fresh projects. For the next few months or so, I am going to post about my works so far. After March, when the ISC's are hopefully going to be over, I will post new things:)

There is a huge number of astounding craft blogs zealously maintained by extremely talented crafters. The number of Indian craft blogs are also increasing each day. I am totally a newbie crafter, and my efforts will be nothing compared to others. But the focal point of this blog is going to be learning. I am going to learn stuff, and put it up here so that other beginners like me will learn from my mistakes. 

I am constantly on the hunt for cheap crafting materials as I do not have access to a lot of money, being just a student. Neither do I have a working printer. So as much as I drool over the crafting products on online sites (DCWV stacks... oh my!), owning them is another thing altogether. 

Enough of introduction. Today's post is going to be about some cards I made recently. Actually, my school days are going to end next week, so I've made some cards to give to my friends.

Card #1


Here's one I made for my best friend for 14 years!!!




The dress is made by iris folding. I got this layout from a pinterest.To know what iris folding is, click here Iris Folding - Circle of Crafters. Hopefully, I'll be uploading the template to this particular pattern  in the future so that you can print it and do it yourself.

Here's a close up...





I have used some brown handmade cardstock (a pack of 20 costs Rs.180 in Starmark) and some golden paper( single sheet costs Rs.3 in my local stationery shop). The sentiment I have hand cut and hand coloured using acrylic colour in gold shade.  I have also used some glitter tubes from fevicryl(costs Rs. 15 each).




And here's the inside...



The inside is totally hand inked and the Snoopy is traced on plain white A4 paper. The lines look crooked in the photo, but they are not actually so.


Card#2


My next card also incorporates Iris folding. This card was made for a friend whom I've known only for a short period of time, but she has become one of my closest friends!




I got this layout too, from Pinterest. I hope that I'll be able to upload the template to this design too.


I used cardstock from the same bunch, hand inked the sentiment myself. I used plain white A4 paper, some black paper(in a bunch of multicoloured rough paper from Navneet, which costs around Rs. 36 for A4 sizes) and some paper I cut from a magazine.


Inside...





How did you like my cards? Do comment below!


AND I FINISHED MY FIRST BLOG POST! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Thanks for reading, and happy crafting!

3 comments:

  1. Stunning Iris folding! Somdeepa I just cant help but offer some advice...one of the cheapest yet most challenging type of cards to make are pop up cards! You just need a cheap craft knife a kitchen cutting board paper and glue to make pop up cards and I notice your handwriting is cool and I am guess you are a good artist too! All the best on your exams

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your encouraging words! Yes, I once did a pop up card (or rather origamic architecture) of the Taj Mahal but it gave me a really stiff neck! :p

      Delete
  2. First of all Welcome to blogging world Somdeepa :) you caught correct real stress buster is doing something you like.. coming to your cards really beautiful.. iris folding are neat n your hand writing Is amazing you don't need any stamps for sentiments.. try your hand at calligraphy...:) All the best for your Exams ..

    ReplyDelete

Do say what you think about this post! Thanks! :)