Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Flowery Congrats

A very big hello to all my readers and crafting friends. The monsoon is still absent from the shores of the Bay of Bengal(and consequentially from Kolkata too, where I live)  but it is storming and thundering every day so I guess its not too bad. The days are hot, humid and sunny...it is impossible sometimes to muster the willpower to get off that posterior. I have been doing a host of things to while away the time...learning French and doing calligraphy are some of the things I do other than crafting.

I have been obsessed with stencils of late. As I own remarkably few of them, I have been forced to entirely hand draw and cut my own. But I always have a wonderful feeling when I remove the stencil and reveal the wonderful pattern underneath. It's like magic to me!


I had to create daisy stencils in two different sizes for this card. I created a wedding card keeping CSCC#4 in mind. I also tried to use the colours from Cosmic Colours#2.
I think the sentiment looks like calligraphy...the practising is paying off!


Thanks for reading, and happy crafting!

14 comments:

  1. Such a pretty card and what gorgeous colors.. amazing job with the hand cut stencil and the calligraphy definitely seems to be paying off..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, Somdeepa. I really admire that you made your own stencil here. Great job with the calligraphy too. Although I wonder which colours have you used with the stencil? Very different texture, don't seem like inks, or are they? :-?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jasleen, you guessed right, not inks...just watercolours and a plain old toothbrush :p

      Delete
  3. Wow... can't believe that this was entirely handmade :) Awesome stencils and calligraphy... Teach me master!

    Ananda :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved the misting..and good job with making your stencil..you will have unique designs..made specially for and by you !! Pretty card and I loved your calligraphy more..!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent Somdeepa. By making your own stencils your artwork will be uniquely your own. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card and sweet personalized stencils Somdeepa..love the calligraphy..lovely texture of filling the stencil with water colors and tooth brush..:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Stunning card Somdeepa! Thank you so much for joining in the fun with the Cosmic Colours Challenge! :o) Colette xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely gorgeous card, Somdeepa! Love the hand cut stencil. It has come out really well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card and a great job on creating ur own stencil :) lovely card, thank you for sharing with CSCC!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card dear S. Thank you so much for joining us at CSCC. Good luck.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome stencilling. TFS at CSCC. Hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a beautiful beautiful creation-- love the shimmery flowers
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia
    Cards Crafts Kids Projects

    ReplyDelete
  13. The glittery flowers on this card are so pretty, live this card.

    ReplyDelete

Do say what you think about this post! Thanks! :)