Friday, April 11, 2014

With Love...

With my brother currently staying with us(he stays in Bangalore) I am finding that I spend all my time hanging out with him! There is no time for crafting... but yesterday I made up my mind to make a card, and so here it is today.
For this card I tried to make paper roses. Now I have made origami roses before, and fairly complicated ones, but the most realistic ones can be made only with cutting or punching. So I searched for tutorials... but drew a blank : either they were too difficult, too ugly(!) or made use of punches. Finally came across a Pin(origin forgotten :p) and adapted it to make my first paper rose...



And here's the card using the roses...


I am linking this card to three challenges. First, BGC#49 Grown With Love. I have used the colours red, pink, orange, green, yellow from the inspiration pic and my element from garden is obviously flowers. Secondly, Create Something Catchy Challenges#2. I used some of the colours from the inspiration pic, included a bit of quilling, and incorporated love as the theme of the card. Finally, Muse #62. My inspiration from the muse card are the roses.

Here are the inspiration pics:


I did some calligraphy for the sentiment. I think its high time I got some proper calligraphy supplies instead of faking it with poor substitutes like microtip and gel pens. 

So that's all for now, and I'm going back to hanging out with my brother once again!

20 comments:

  1. Wow..Loved those Roses..They are too realistic and that it too with first attempts...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Roses Somdeepa.. love them and your card too..:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi SomDeepa,

    You've made beautiful roses :) Saw your blog link at BGC. Actually I've made my roses with a punch only :) Hope you will like it :) It is again one of my tries to make roses without dies! :)
    Your card is lovely with those roses and your calligraphy is amazing! At first I thought it was stamped:)
    Nice meeting you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely roses and very beautiful card too !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like you I also create flowers without using punches Somdeepa ! Its not that difficult ,you can easily cut a five/six petal flower as punches do and then shape them and layer to create a flower.I have also shared a tut on making roses and you can also find numerous tuts on making flowers on Dr.Sonia's blog !

      Delete
  5. This is a really gorgeous card, love the beautiful rose you have made. Enjoy your time with your brother, my mum is from Bangalore.

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous roses..lovely arrangement on the card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your roses are beautiful! They really look like the real ones.
    Thank you for joining us on the BGC challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely layout and amazing quilling on ur card and I agree u should get into serious calligraphy, I see immense potential :) Thank you for sharing with CSCC !!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely handmade flowers! Thanks for joining in with Muse!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, your quilling is just beautiful! Very elegant card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow! This is truly a work of art! Gorgeous flowers! So glad you joined us at Muse this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Your roses are gorgeous and beautifully arranged. Love your quilling and calligraphy too :)
    Thank you so much for playing with us at BGC :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your flowers look amazing - I just love your card xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just Beautiful. Those roses, the calligraphy, everything!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Calligraphy???I thought it was a stamp.. ;) Awesome card and the flowers are so beautiful S. Love it. Thank you so much for joining the fun at CSCC #2. Good luck.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Roses plus the lovely twirls, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thats a beautiful card !
    I really love ur quilling and the rose is very beautiful !
    Thanks for playing with us at BGC Grown with love challenge !

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a pretty take on the challenge ...Love all the details :) the blooms are adorable and let me share a secret,i never use punches for making handmade flowers...always use a cut-out 5 petalled hardboard of different sizes as template for my blooms ;)
    Thank you so much for playing along with us @ BGC#49

    ReplyDelete
  19. lovely roses,beautiful writing,nice card...........Thanks for joining us at CSCC#2. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Do say what you think about this post! Thanks! :)