Sunday, June 01, 2014

Windows With Faux Stained Glass

Today I am going to share an altered project with you crafty people! Its actually a window I created on the lid of a box...I was totally inspired by Kirsty's take on the Lessology challenge.




The original box is this one...



For the window frame, I created a simple picture frame from Inna's tutorial using handmade paper. For the faux stained glass panels, I drew a pattern on cardstock, outlined it with glue mixed with black acrylic paint. Then I coloured it with watercolours. Finally I applied a layer of varnish over it.



Playing along with Itsy Bitsy and Lessology.

Thanks for reading, and happy crafting!

10 comments:

  1. Gorgeous window..love the stained glass effect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome window Somdeepa.. love it ..stained glass effect is fab :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes..The faux stained glass is fabulous..I loved the frame too !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow! That stained glass looks amazing!
    Thanks for joining us at LESSology!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Every bit of that part looks like a stained glass, I wouldn't have guessed if you hadn't mentioned that it's done on a paper. Brilliant and very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh wow this is so artistic and creative, awesome is the word !!

    ReplyDelete
  7. THAT is just out of this world! I really like the depth you have created with this! Awesome colors too! Hugs from NY!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ohhh and thanks thanks and THANKS for playing along with us at LESSology!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow!!!! This is amazing!!! Thanks so much for playing along with LESSology!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks great Somdeepa, it turned out really well.

    ReplyDelete

Do say what you think about this post! Thanks! :)