Friday, April 11, 2014

Its Cloudy Now

Yes, I know. I'm posting the second time today! I thought I would blog about this card tomorrow, but here I am!
Ok, so this card is for CASology 90, and the cue word is : WET. India is the land of the monsoon, so of course, I had to think about rain...






In the movies, whenever the lead pair have a quarrel and leave each other, they are seen sitting alone by the window all sadly, watching the rain.(I am thinking Friends Season 2, The One Where Ross and Rachel Take a Break). I think this card is inspired from those pictures in my head.
But on a personal level, I am not pining away for anyone. This card has a literal significance for me. I miss rain. I really do. The weather in Kolkata is extremely hot and humid(as is to be expected in April). All of us are salivating for a bit of rain. So you see, this card is my personal entreaty to the rain god.
Now for the process. Really simple. Drew the clouds on blue paper, shaded them a bit with watercolour pencils, stuck them on white CS, cut them out, popped them up, drew the rain, wrote the sentiment and added faux stitches.
Bye for the second time, and happy crafting!

P.S Has anyone heard the song mentioned in the post title? If you have please mention it in your comment :)

9 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful card--stunning in its simplicity. I love your clouds. I, too, am yearning for rain, as we are in a drought in California. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spectacularly WET Somdeepa!!! Love this lots, wonderfully CAS and lovingly shaded and inked, I can tell!!! Thanks so much for adding this lovely to the gallery this week and joining us a CAsology

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great take on the cue word Somdeepa.. love the clouds shape :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Somdeepa, what a great card! (And, no, I haven't heard of that song in your title.) I love the colors of your clouds, so cool -- look like they should be an illustration in a book! I love that you drew the rain drops and wrote the sentiment...they look stamped! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your clouds are so sweet Especially the curly twists!!
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your CAS design - your hand drawing/colouring is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gorgeousness! I can't believe you drew the clouds and raindrops by hands. Just fabulous!!! You are super talented!!! Thanks so much for playing with us at CASolgoy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a perfect use of white space and dimension!!! :) I just LOVE that hand drawn frame too!
    Thank you so much for joining us at CASology!

    ReplyDelete

Do say what you think about this post! Thanks! :)