Friday, April 04, 2014

Its Summer Again!

My exams ended. At last. I am free!!!
Yay for reading, crafting, music and lazing about! Summer's here! It's very, very hot already, but still I'm lovin' it!
I appropriately kick-started with a summer themed card, inspired from Lulupu Challenge#28. I used both the shades of pink, orange, yellow. Actually all sorts of colours can be found on the hat!




Though for me, I spend almost the whole year in flippies! The most comfy footwear ever! I loved making the small flip-flops on the card. The straps are quilling strips, and added a dab of glitter in the middle. For the iris folded hat, I liberally demolished the glossy newspapers and magazines lying about. I hand drew and cut out the cat eye shades out of black CS. I would look horrible in cat eye shades, but I love them anyway.

The sun hat is iris folded, and looks like a bit of a collage, like the inspiration pic of  Runway Inspired Challenge #57, so I'm thinking of playing along!






Today is going to be so good! I am again rejoining my singing classes, which I was forced to discontinue dues to the pressures of the 12th year. And tomorrow, my brother comes home for a visit(he stays in Bangalore)! Yesterday he asked me on the phone whether I wanted to go clothes shopping on him, and I was like, no, I just want craft supplies. He thought I was nuts!
I just read through this and found a lot of exclamation marks!!! :p  I really am happy!

Thanks for suffering through my excited ramblings, and happy crafting! 

10 comments:

  1. Fabulous card, Somdeepa!! I'm already feeling cool just looking at your card :D Lol....and yes, there was a time when I used to jump at any opportunity for shopping for clothes, now it's almost the same, the only difference being that now it's for Crafting supplies. Can relate to you :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun take on various challenges Somdeepa !! loved the colorful hat..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card somadeepa..I love the idea of using cute shades ,hat and flip flops on card.. Hope to see more projects from you as your exams ended :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous take on our summer theme challenge, Somadeepa! I really like that iris folded hat and the shades too.
    Thank you so much for playing along Lulupu #28 and Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect summer card, Somadeepa, Thanks for joining us at Lulupu challenge # 28

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved your idea Somdeepa!!! I really liked your flip-flops and Iris folded hat..Perfect Sentiment too..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heheee....how cute is this! Hope your brother takes you craft shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I just love that hat! Thanks for joining us on Runway Inspired Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thats very nice ! :)
    Thanks for sharing with us at Lulupu summer challenge

    ReplyDelete

Do say what you think about this post! Thanks! :)