Thursday, April 17, 2014

Something Musical

Music is something very close to my heart. I'm sure many of my blogging friends share this sentiment. I have been taking music lessons since I was three, and constantly listening to music since even before! I think music is THE most pure, clear and abstract form of expression human beings are capable of. In my home, I'm always singing, totally oblivious to my parents or neighbours, while studying, crafting, bathing(of course! the bathroom makes your voice sound so magical!) and obviously during my practice sessions. I learn Indian classical music, which I think can have no equal simply because of its IMMENSE potential and scope.
Yeah, I know what you're thinking. This is a CRAFT blog and not a place to air my opinion of random things. So here's the card for today...



If course this is inspired from CASology where the cue word this week is NOTE. I decided to go pretty straightforward this time and played with the musical meaning of note. I love my tiny violin. I painstakingly hand cut it from the gold paper and added the bow with gold gel pen. I wrote the sentiment on the same gold paper(which is also the lower layer) and stuck it on the black CS.


I used the sketch from Freshly Made Sketches. I know CAS is not a requirement for FMS, but I like this week's sketch very much...

And the colours follow the BGC challenge...
Ok, so that's all for today. Thanks for reading, and happy crafting!

17 comments:

  1. You've created an awesome card with just two colours! :)
    P/s: Music is a big part of my life too...I am a car singer..lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great take on both the challenges Somdeepa .. pretty musical card.. :) lovely hand cut violin :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow !! You have one more talent..along with crafting :) gr8 !! Loved the royal musical card..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card. Love that violin and the colors Somdeepa. Music is not confined to that which is played on an instrument. Music in the heart translates to just about everything we do. All crafts are made up of a symphony of form and creative colors. The only difference is they do not have a voice of words. We supply that. They sing the song of their creator in form and color.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Music is another expression of who we are, I believe Indian music is just as inspiring as you say and this is your blog, you say what makes you happy :D Fabulous card, well done, keep on singing :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Girl, You are quite talented!!! Yes, you are so right about music, I love listening to it more than singing, which I do only in my bathroom :P. Pretty bad singer I am. lol. About your card, Fabulous. As always, your hand cutting of the guitar is amazing. Congrats on you HM at Casology :D Way to go!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Somdeepa,
    This is such an elegant and striking card. I love the violin that you handcut and awesome that you wrote the sentiment yourself. In regards to music! i can't do without it, have to listen to music everyday and if it came to going for a good concert or eating i know which I would choose. At the moment, my music is probably to loud for being on the train :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Somdeepa! Your hand cutting skills are extraordinary! I am particularly taken with your bow. It is exquisite.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a pretty elegant card u have there !! :) very beautifully done :) love the color scheme it sure looks beautiful !
    Thanks for playing with us at BGC this fortnight

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so striking and vibrantly eye catching! A stunner ! Thanks for joining us at CASology this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm very impressed with your cutting skills -- that violin is fabulous! I would have to be listening to some very soothing music to have the patience to do that. :) Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow….that violin is amazing! Beautiful take on the sketch. Glad you joined us this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You created beautiful card! Like the violin and the sentiment.
    thank you for playing along on the BGC!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a fabulous card, such a striking colour combination. Both of my boy's are very musical, there is always the sound of singing in our house as well.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely musical card. Wow! You are a violinist! :)
    And a Happy New year to you. What a wonderful quilled creation you did for the new year!And dedicating it to all of us!! simply wonderful. All the best for your musical adventure :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful and elegant! Love the black and gold and the beautiful sentiment!
    Thank you so much for playing along with us at BGC :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a simple yet beautiful card. D colour combo is striking too

    ReplyDelete

Do say what you think about this post! Thanks! :)