Wednesday, January 15, 2014

My Dotty Creation

I fell in love with the CASology cue word of this week : Dot. Hop over to check out the fantastic DT inspiration here.
When I heard of dot, I was instantly reminded of this video game I used to play a LOT as a kid : Pacman. You have to advance each level by eating all the dots in the maze and killing the monsters. Well, I left out the monster part(we don't want to be scared now, do we?) and took up the theme of dot and eating. What I came up with was a type of an invitation card for dinner(weird, right? But that's me, I'm afraid).
So...




How do you like the fake diecut seniment?(code for handwritten and hand-cut :D) And yeah, the black base of the card? I sponged the ONLY sheet of cardstock remaining in my stock(a vile shade of green) black.




The pac-dots and the pacman's eye are actually exploits from my mother's stick-on bindis. (But that's kind of a secret. Because I didn't actually ask her before taking them :p).


Thanks for reading, and happy crafting!

8 comments:

  1. I remember very well after my paper route getting caught up in a game or two of Pacman at the local Handy Mart hangout on the corner!!! FUN TIMES!
    Thanks for this flashback for me!

    Thanks for adding this brilliantly FUN card to the CASology Gallery and joining us this week -please join us again !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! Very clever idea and brilliantly executed. You have a beautiful handwriting, I don't think you need the help of stamps :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea ..I used to play the game ..love the card somdeepa :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! Brilliant take on the cue word! I used to love that game! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE! So much fun - love how the colours absolutely pop off the black background! Thanks for joining us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Somdeepa! Wow, you went to some amazing lengths to make this awesomely funny card! Yes, Pacman was quite addicting...and I love how you recreated it here! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey! that's an interesting card, love it.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a super cute and clever creation!!

    ReplyDelete

Do say what you think about this post! Thanks! :)