Saturday, January 11, 2014

You & I

A guy friend of mine recently got a girlfriend...don't ask me how, haha. He badgered and badgered me to make a card for his new love, even agreed to pay! How could I resist? But there was one problem... I was(and still am) dangerously short of supplies except for quilling paper. So I knew I HAD to make a quilled card(even though my slotted tool broke few days ago :( and I take ages with a needle). So here's what I came up with...






Quilled owls like my owl pendant, quilled leaves and branches from brown cardstock. Added a distressed tissue paper heart for the background.






Sentiment is obviously hand-inked(what else is new). When, when will I own ANY sentiment stamp or die-cut?



Linking this to :-

Thanks for reading, and happy crafting!

8 comments:

  1. Very cute card ! Those quilled birds are adorable! The sentiment looks stamped. Amazed to know that its hand written !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWESOME. You never fail to propagate ideas of jo ghar pe pada hai ussi se banao craft. After seeing this, I have DECIDED not to buy any stamps, inks, etc :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, everybody. And Ananda, lol! You seem like a kindred spirit!

      Delete
  3. love the owls somdeepa.. :)such a lovely card ..you are very creative. . l agree with jasleen sentiment looks stamped ..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for joining us at CASology.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cute somdeepa n i think u don't need a stamp for sentiment :P

    ReplyDelete

Do say what you think about this post! Thanks! :)