Thursday, May 29, 2014

Back Again

I was absolutely cut off from blogger for the past few weeks! Today I viewed my bursting dashboard and felt so strange! I was even pleasantly surprised by a win in CSCC#3, which was completely unexpected. I will try to get back to the posts of my blogger friends soon because honestly I don't even know what lovely creations I've missed out on!
First of all I'd like to share some news. My 10+2 level exam(ISC) results came out recently(remember about all the exams I'd been whining about in the past?) and I totally exceeded my expectations! In a very happy state of mind as a result! Hopefully I'll be able to get into the college of my choice!
Now on to today's card. I've made this for one of my closest, oldest and dearest friends and she's like a big sister to me. This is for her birthday, which was a few days back.




This card is inspired from the movie poster of Breakfast at Tiffany's, which stars Audrey Hepburn, one of my favourite actresses. I absolutely love the dresses worn by Audrey in this film.


I drew the black lady inspired from a google image and cut it out. I tried dry embossing for the first time followiing Kripa's tips. I drew uneven capitals for the sentiment.
So, of course I'm playing this along with the Lulupu challenge.
And also in Colour Conceptions.

Thanks for reading, and happy crafting!

12 comments:

  1. This is an awesome card Somdeepa. I two have been very hit and miss on blogging. Trying to find a way to get back on track. Too much happening lately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous Creation Somdeepa! Love the card. Totally gorgeous!
    Thank you for playing along with us at Lulupu Challenge#31. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOnderful card Somadeepa ! I loved the silhouette and colored panel behind her ,dry embossed triangle make the card look trendy :) !

    Congrats on your recent wins and for exam results ..All the Best for admissions !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome card Somadeepa! black lady looks fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your exam result Som. It's a v long time since I gave any exams but I still rem the relief and celebrations after results. I'm also very glad to have inspired you to give dry embossing a go and sharing your lovely creation with us at Lulupu.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful CAS card with movie theme, Thank you for joining us at Lulupu Challenge # 31

    ReplyDelete
  7. First, my congrats to you :) Coming to your card, you are really good in drawing, coloring and writing skills. Keep it up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on your exam results, Somdeepa. I can kinda understand how relieved you must be feeling right now. And congrats on winning CSCC :D. You totally deserved it.
    You did a splendid job with this card too . Neat and crisp lines, bright and bold.
    Hey, thanks for your sweetest comments on my work always, be it my cards or poetry :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Card Somdeepa !!.. Lovely color panels and the black lady :) best wishes for your college life ..:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are awesome girl! Congratulations... :)
    Thank you so much for joining us at Lulupu.. Good luck.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations!!! Love the lady in black. TFS at Color Conceptions Challenge.Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  12. pretty card..Thanks for joining us at Color Conception Challenges.All the Best !!

    ReplyDelete

Do say what you think about this post! Thanks! :)